Friday, December 7, 2012

From your Ladies' Captain

Looking back on the year 2012, my first year as a lady-captain, I can only conclude that we had a good, but also stressful year.


The biggest issue was the loss of our first ladies competition team. I regret this very much, also because as a result some members left the Club. I still think that with a better communication the whole problem could have been avoided, but then people must be willing to talk.

Apart from this all went relatively well. We had ladiesdays almost every week - only a few had to be cancelled because of bad weather - in a good ambiance and often with nice sponsoring from our own lady-members.

Our yearly "Out in the Blue" was a very hot, but also very enjoyable day at the island of St. Honorat.

In the Riviera Ladies Trophy we ended on the 7th place, which is not bad for a Club like ours, where members are only part of the year present. It was always a surprise who would be part of the team, but all who participated did their outmost.

During the periods that I was not in France, my "official team" of Jacqueline Lanting and Edith Zegerius took over the organisation of the ladiesdays with a lot of enthousiasme.

Conny Plesman took care of the teams for Mid-amateur- and senior- competitions outside the Club and Laurence Gomes of the Ladies Riviera Trophy team.

From the start of my captaincy there was always Liliane Meyer, who literally guided me through my first year with her experience and helped on every occasion she could

A big THANK-YOU for all of you. Without you I could not have done it.

I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a very good start into the New Year.

Jacky Snijders-Drenthen

Lady-Captain